APS Coax Active Studio Monitor (Pair)
The APS Coax Active Studio Monitor (Pair) features a coaxial loudspeaker, where precoated fabric dome of the tweeter intergrates with the cone of woofer to a point source, the acoustic position of the source remains the same regardless of change in distance.
Such design makes COAX a perfect tool for precise stereo image control, making work on panning and spatial effects a breeze. Despite its small size it had proven to be a great tool for tracking instruments where its razor like stereo image proved very useful.
High-quality components and our no-compromise made in Europe approach to construction make the APS COAX a proud heir to its great predecessors. Outstanding stereo imaging, punchy low end, extremely at frequency response and high SPL level handling, coupled with the by now famous APS custom finishes make it the obvious choice for all those looking for a great sounding, gorgeous looking near-field coaxial monitor.
The main features of APS Coax Active Studio Monitor (Pair) include:
- Precise, transparent sound, free from colouration
- Frequency response in range of 50 Hz – 22 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
- Paired monitors for best stereo performance
- High SPL- ideal for a wide range of music styles
- XLR and TRS inputs
- Closed cabinet design - a very precise and punchy low end
- Tweeter: monolithic integrated circuit TDA7294
- Woofer: monolithic integrated circuit TDA7294
- System: Two-way
- Crossover Frequency 3 kHz (slope: 12 dB/octave)
- Free Field Frequency Response ±5 dB: 50 Hz - 30 kHz
- SPL in Free Field @ 1m RMS: 101 dB (single)
- Peak: 109 dB (pair)
- Bass/Mid-Range Loudspeaker Ø 18 cm / 7"
- Diaphragm: polypropylene, surround: rubber
- Tweeter loudspeaker Ø 2.5 cm / 1":
- Diaphragm: fabric dome
- Bass/Mid-Range Power Amplifier 70 W RMS @ 8Ω
- Tweeter Power Amplifier 70 W RMS @ 6Ω
- Total Harmonic Distortions 0.005 % – PO = 5 W, f = 1 kHz 0.1 % max – PO = 0.1 up to 50 W, f = 20 Hz up to 20 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio 103.5 dB – weighted by A curve
- 101 dB – in band of 20 Hz up to 20 kHz
- Weight 11 kg
- Dimensions: 21 cm x 33 cm x 30 cm