AEA Nuvo N8 Phantom Powered Ribbon Microphone
The AEA Nuvo N8 Phantom Powered Ribbon Microphone is the most open and natural sounding ribbon microphone ever made.
Conceived to render acoustic spaces as faithfully as possible, the Nuvo N8 microphone excels in capturing drum overheads and rooms, strings, classical ensembles, and orchestras. When used up close, the N8 delivers exceptional clarity and warmth, while also taking EQ extremely well without ever being harsh.
The AEA Nuvo N8 achieves an astonishingly transparent sound with a superior transient response that lets AEA’s famed Big Ribbon truly shine. The aluminum ribbon in the N8 is identical to the flagship R44 model in its dimensions and tuning, putting it in direct lineage of the iconic RCA 44 type.
The N8’s unobtrusive size and black finish is ideal for orchestral and TV work, where microphones need to be easy to position and more or less invisible. The N8’s phantom-powered electronics and a custom German transformer complete the package and deliver groundbreaking low level detail and optimal distortion performance, even when driving long cable lines in remote recording situations. Just like all other AEA products, the N8 is 100% manufactured in Pasadena, CA.
Rooted in the RCA tradition just like other AEA ribbon microphones, all NUVO microphones are designed to offer a fresh approach to the ribbon transducer and represent Wes Dooley’s take on the evolution of the ribbon microphone.
The main features of the AEA Nuvo N8 Phantom Powered Ribbon Microphone include:
- Open and natural sound
- Designed for far-field: overheads, strings, and room mics
- Unobtrusive, discreet and video friendly look
- Phantom powered electronics for optimal performance with any preamp
- 100% manufactured in Pasadena, CA
- Operating Principle: Pressure gradient microphone
- Directional Pattern: Bidirectional or Figure-of-8
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 141 dBSPL (1% third harmonic > 1 kHz)
- Output Impedance: 92 Ω broadband
- Recommended Load Impedance: 1.0 kΩ or greater
- Powering: P48 phantom power, 7 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 high for positive pressure at the front of the microphone.
- Connector: XLR-3M
- Accessories: Storage / shipping case, microphone stand clip, custom protective mic sleeve, user manual
- Height: 8.83” (32.4 cm)
- Width: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
- Depth: 1.62” (4.1 cm)
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you're in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!